Packaging InDesign Files
An InDesign package gathers copies of all images and fonts used in the document, together with the InDesign file into a folder that you can easily provide to Eureka.
How to create an Indesign Package
An InDesign file depends on fonts and linked graphics that must be sent along with it, in order for it to work properly.
Fortunately, Adobe InDesign has a built-in Package utility that creates a folder with a name of your choice, puts a copy of your document into the folder, and then copies all necessary fonts and images into the folder as well.
Once completed, you can zip or compress it and upload it to us, drop it in to our new office and showroom on a USB, or simply put it in the post to us.
Click on theSE thumbnails to see LARGER screenshots
- Open your INDD file in InDesign. If possible, resolve any errors concerning missing links or fonts.
- Go to File > Package.
- Click the Package button at the bottom of the Summary window. (This window was called the preflight window in older versions).
- Click Continue on the Printing Instructions window.
- Browse to where you’d like to create the package folder (desktop would be fine) and enter the name of the folder.
- Make sure that the Copy Fonts, Copy Linked Graphics, Update Graphic Links in Package, and Include Fonts and Links from Hidden and Non-Printing Content are all checked. Other boxes should be unchecked.
- Click the Package button.
- Right-click the folder which was created, and choose Compress (Mac) or Send to ZIP (Windows – may be named differently depending on what software you have installed).
- Upload that ZIP file or copy it to a USB drive to provide our prepress team
Browse our checklist of specifications on image resolution, colours, fonts and bleed, to setup artwork ready for print
Read our guide which steps you through the process of converting a file into a PDF from different applications
Discover how to send an entire package of your InDesign artwork including links and fonts for us to finalise for print
Have a design or print project coming up?
We’d love to work with you, so contact our team to discuss
how our design and print service can help your business